The current version of Mnemosyne is 2.11. For a list of what's new in each release, see this page.
- Windows: download this installer. Alternatively, you can also install Mnemosyne on top of an existing Python distribution by following the Linux instructions.
- If you are comfortable using the Terminal, follow the Linux instructions below. Otherwise follow the below steps.
- If you don't have Python on your system, download the latest release here.
- Download Mnemosyne-Installer-MacOS.command here (there is a 'download raw file' icon on the right side of the header just above line 1 of the file). Double click to run it.
- The first time you run the command, Apple will block execution. Visit System Settings > Privacy & Security. Scroll down to find the "Open Anyway" button.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Mnemosyne.command and double click to run it.
- Linux: in a command prompt with superuser/administration privileges, type '
pip install mnemosyne-proj'. Mnemosyne can be run by typing '
mnemosyne' in the command line.
- Android: a mobile client which allows you to do offline reviews, as well as syncing with the desktop client, is available from Google Play. In case Google Play is blocked in your country (e.g. China), you can also separately download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version.
- For mobile review on other platforms, activate the Mnemosyne webserver on your desktop using the configuration screen, and then review using your browser on your mobile client.
Download card sets
Download user-contributed card sets to aid you in your studies.
Download scripts and plugins
Download scripts and plugins to extend your Mnemosyne experience.
Older Versions of Mnemosyne
You can get older versions from Sourceforge (not recommended).